Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cultural Update - Engineering Degrees in Malta

Hi everyone!

Last week in our ES410 class, we gave final presentations that detailed our ethnic studies research papers and how we would be collecting data. Seeing as our ICEX team is splitting off from the rest of the class in one week, we will be completing our projects while in Malta! This gives our team some exciting benefits such as the ability to conduct on-site interviews and publish a primary source document.

My research project is on the difference between the engineering educations offered at Malta's two main tertiary educational facilities: University of Malta and Malta College of Art, Science and Technology (MCAST). The final product of my research will be in two segments. I will have a formal document, and online information that will go up on our website that will discuss the similarities and differences between the two schools. I intend to include information from interviews (WHEW! what an alliteration!) with professors from both universities discussing the degree to which the engineering work at each school could be considered "hands on" or "strictly theoretical". I would also like to include information about the reason for the formation of MCAST back in the 1970s. Both parts of my research project will come into a more clear context once we take off for Malta, so for right now I will wrap this up by saying that I am very excited to have this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment