Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Scientific Data Acquisition and Modeling Project Update 2

Progress has been made since my last post. As for the sensor part of the project, the salinity sensor has been built. Tyler is currently adjusting it to be able to measure the range of salinity we expect to encounter in the cisterns. The pressure sensors that we will be using to take temperature measurements arrived about a week ago along with the PAMs. We are currently in the process of acquiring the cable used to program them. Once we program the PAMs we will connect everything together and start testing. Also the otter boxes which we will be putting the sensors in to protect from the water should be here by Wednesday
or Thursday.

As for the modelling part of the project, I have made some modest progress. I have written a CSV file parser to parse the salinity, temperature, and position data and represent it in the cistern. The visualization for this can be seen to above. Also I implemented a bounding box that will help me calculate what is in the cistern and what is not for when I do the scattered data interpolation view. This can be seen to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment