Friday, November 11, 2011

Greetings from Princeton

Hello everyone! My name is Austin Walker, and I'll be going to Malta for part of the time with the ICEX team. I am from rural Indiana, and I'm currently a junior at Princeton University, where I am studying computer science. I got my first computer when I was 3, and I've been working with them ever since. I mostly work in Java and C, though I have also done some web-based programming as well. When I'm not buried under work, I'm probably either trying to get some new thing to work on my computer or at the University's rock gym. I enjoy caving, diving, backpacking, and pretty much anything else outdoors. I also love to travel; I've been to most of the US and to four continents (including Antarctica).

I'm really excited about being a part of the ICEX program this year. I will be working with Prof. Clark and Drew Boik on the software to build maps out of the data we get from the caves in Malta. We are already off to a good start here in Princeton, and I hope that we will have a great year all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment