Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cultural & Technical Goals

Having been to Malta once already, my learning goals are probably slightly different than the rest of the team's. Culturally, I am aiming to get a deeper understanding of how Malta developed as a country in order to better understand the cultural background of the country. I'm hoping this will giving me a better insight on the Maltese traditions and cultural norms. Most of the research will occur before arriving in Malta which should allow for some interesting social interactions.

As for the technical goals, I am aiming to enhance our scan matching algorithm to handle 3D sonar scans. This will help us generate a more accurate representation of the cisterns as well as help the visualization team generate more realistic models.

No comments:

Post a Comment