Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Learning Goals

My overall goal is to walk away with a priceless experience that I would try to have again. I want to learn as much as I possibly can both culturally and academically, so these experiences can help to shape me as I move forward through college and my future career.

Some smaller goals I have are to learn more about the robotics and computer science fields. I don't know much about robotics or computer science, so I'm very excited to learn about them and then to compare them to my own engineering field.

My last goal is kind of cliche but I want this program/trip to help me become a better leader and teammate. I know that always seems to be a goal for everything, but I really do think that this would be a great experience to learn something new about being a leader or a team player since we will be working with people of all ages, interests and beliefs.

Going with what Bret did. One of my favorite quotes is "Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." by Mark Twain. I want to learn as much as possible through this experience, but as I already said, that doesn't strictly mean academic knowledge. I want to learn the culturally stuff too.

I am so excited for this and I hope you all are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment