Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goals for the Program

Earl Nightingale once said that "People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." It is only fitting that each of us have goals for the ICEX project and our trip to Malta. I have a main goal and two learning goals.

My main goal is related to the project I am assigned to lead. I am in charge of acquiring, analyzing and displaying the marine data (salinity and temperature) for local marine biologists. My main goal is to accomplish this in a way that the result is helpful to the research of the marine biologists.

Of my learning goals, one is technical and one is cultural. My technical goal is to leave the program with real world experience in graphics programing, interface design, application and analysis of algorithms, and autonomous robotics. My cultural goal is to leave Malta with a better understanding of the culture and people so that I feel it has impacted the way I think and look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment