Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back Home! (and missing Malta...)

We are all safe at home and missing Malta. I hope everyone enjoyed the trip, and I want to thank you all for working so hard these last few weeks. My appreciation for our Maltese hosts cannot be overstated. The time, effort and dedication that they committed to this project are the critical pieces to our success.

I am still amazed at the type of learning and success achieved. As a team we collect data in the field (sometimes literally a field, other times in castle tunnels...), we manage the data, we develop algorithms to process the data, and we use these algorithms to produce archeological maps (all before the day's end). As usual, the students have impressed me with their ability to do this in a foreign setting. Lets hope we get lucky again next year...

Thanks again!



No comments:

Post a Comment