Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ROV Deployment and Technical Update

Yesterday was very exciting as we got to go out to a local site in Carini (in the province of Palermo, Sicily) and drive the ROV in two different cisterns. The first site was called Case di Cuetitta and the second was small enough that it didn't have an actual name, but it was also very cool. During the first drive of the ROV I cataloged the location of the cistern through lots of photographs and in the second cistern, I was able to get a sonar scan! it was very interesting and fun to learn about the history of the two sites and to be able to really see the outputted sonar and video scans of both cisterns!

As for my project, I am currently uploading files to complete the website's special actions. Also, Keith, a Maltese archeologist with us, has agreed to do an interview with me about his position on water and society and the importance of cisterns in Malta! So by tonight I hope to have the website files uploaded and good to go and an interview from Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment