Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Data Visualization: Lighting and Movement

Much has been improved since my last technical update. My whole software has gotten a face lift. First, shading was added. This makes the cistern and glyphs look three dimensional and the visualizations look more aesthetically pleasing. Second, my glyphs are now represented by spheres. This also adds to the aesthetics of the visualization. Thirdly, I generated a fake path of the ROV for a test of my data visualization software using my improved game camera. This new camera allows for easier control of movement through and around the cistern. Next, I recently acquired and implemented some sample temperature data from a past ICEX trip to use in the test of my data visualization software. Also, I interpolated the temperature data and outputted it at equally spaced intervals to show the estimated temperature throughout the cistern based on the readings taken.

Lastly, the decision was made to combine Tyler and my software so that the results of his texture mapping can be shared to increase the visual accuracy of the cisterns. I am currently working on a graphical user interface to allow for ease of control of my program. It shouldn't take too long. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment