Friday, January 6, 2012

ICEX Learning Goals

ICEX presents a fantastic educational opportunity. I am confident that this experience will have more to teach me than I can possibly imagine. However, I am particularly interested in the history of the country itself. Our Ethnic Studies class has a large module on Malta, but it focuses heavily on the engineering component of the country's culture. I hope to learn more about the actual historical development of Malta, from the age of the Greeks all the way through modern day.

My primary task with the team is the texturing of the sonar geometry model. I am very excited about this project, as it is my first experience with proper image processing and model generation. My main technical goal, therefore, is to greatly expand my understanding and expertise with the methods used for image processing via the creation of a robust and dependable texturing algorithm.

No comments:

Post a Comment