Saturday, January 7, 2012

Learning Objectives

My learning objectives for the ICEX program include learning more about algorithms and programming approaches that will help improve the look and speed of the current visualizations pipeline. As a member of last year’s team, I obtained a basic understanding of graphics and scientific visualizations. This year, I would like to focus on exploring the vast field of computer graphics from a more experienced position. Specifically, I would like to continue my summer’s work on hole filling of sonar data and statistical analysis of the filled walls. My more general goal is to gain more knowledge in the computer graphics field and use my new knowledge to obtain a computer graphics programming internship in the future. Another objective is to share my knowledge and experience from last year with other team members. Last year, I learned about Malta’s culture and I look forward to adding to that knowledge base. This year we will also be working in Sicily, and I am excited to learn and explore a culture I have limited knowledge of.

No comments:

Post a Comment